Unusual and Extreme Bandwidth Usage

May 16, 2018
Hey guys,so i just bought this network connection plan of mobily i.e 300gb for 3 months,its been a week now and i have this wierd habit of checking my usage again and again by putting the sim on my phone(btw i use a router),and i saw that 20 gigabytes were already used up as of today.
I used like 7 gb for downloading a game,and i use youtube never mind,
but today i put the sim on my cellphone and open the browser on it and just for like 5 SECONDS i kept it open and closed it,then checked the usage,it was 8 MB consumed in like 5-7 seconds(and remember i dint even browse anything i just opened a new tab.
ANd i know that 8 mb used up in 5 secs is a big enough amount to worry about and if i dont do anything about abt it im gonna be using up all 300 gb of my net in 1 month.
Please tell me if its a problem with the dns server i use,or malware,or the number of devices in my house,or if anyone else is stealing my data,or the network provider itself is cheating me or any other reason.
Please ask me any necessary details if its gonna help,would really appreciate your reply.
Edit:By the time it took to write this message and my brother playing clash royale on his tab(10 mins) i used up 82 mb of my bandwidth,is this normal(i know clash royale only takes up negligible amounts like kb's)

Ralston18

Titan
Is the following link to your "plan" provider?

http://www.mobily.com.sa/portalu/wps/portal/personal/products/internet-solutions/!ut/p/a1/hdDBCoJAEAbgp_HqTEmp3URi0woRxHQvobGtxurKavr6mbcgdW7_8P0wDFBIgNZZX_KsK2WdiW-m-7tlE_fkn9FHO0b0YuJGwdHcWKExgnQeRATX-jegS4QE5jLA63YFhCtgOnICODMOgg-UC5lPH0mdOjcsDlSxJ1NM6W81rouua9qDhhoOw6BzKblg-kNWGv6rFLLtIPmV0FQJlt5rJ_qL8wEphpm3/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Could be that your plan has some minimum consumption configuration. E.g., no matter what you do if you use 10 mb (for example) the usage is automatically considered to be 1 gb. And or if you use 1.1 gb they round up the usage to 2 gb.

Contact them and find out the terms of service and how the usage numbers are calculated.

Should be able to do so by logging into your account.

May 16, 2018
Ralston18 yes that is my provider,so are they like cheating me or is it something i should already know ?
I will try contact them asap and thanks for ur reply appreciate a lot.

Ralston18

Titan
Cannot say if they are "cheating" you or not.

But what I will say is that the fine print in your service agreement is likely to allow them to and give to them permission to do as they please.

Most people do not really read those agreements. Some people may scan through but the written terms are often vague and wide-open to interpretation.

And sometimes, the end results may be just outright criminal and corrupt. The perpetrators have no fear of being caught, prosecuted, etc....

If you signed up and agree(d) to the terms then about all you can do is control your usage and do not renew again.

May 16, 2018
Hmm alright then next time imma go for another network provider,thanks for the advice mate!
Appreciate ur reply again.