BSOD on full screen video and some web pages

May 16, 2018
Hi folks,

I've been having BSOD issues for while now. Finally asking for some help. The BSODs occur when I go large or full screen video. Not right away, but with a few moments (or minutes). Same thing with gaming. Also, when a web page gets too busy. I have done some software and one hardware test so far.

By software, I mean making sure drivers are up to, no virus / malware-related issues, RAM check, SSS / HD checks.

By hardware, I have pulled the video card, running only on the onboard GPU, and experience same thing. Of course, I would expect that these issues may occur via the latter b/c traditionally onboard Gpus are much less capable. So, not sure if I have exactly crossed the video card of the list.

I also have tried resetting the CPU on the board, meaning removing it and reapplying new thermal grease. This did not help. I use CPUID HWMoitor, and get a 0C/32F reading for all 4 cores.

Below is the rig specs, high level. Resulets from Belarc Advisor
Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1709 (build 16299.431)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (2 yo)
3.60 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 975 (6 yo)
7678 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (6 yo)
> Slot 'A0' is Empty
> Slot 'A1' has 4096 MB
> Slot 'A2' is Empty
> Slot 'A3' has 4096 MB
Diamond Radeon HD 7850-2GB (6 yo)
650W PS (5 yo)

Most of the hardware is a bit old so it may just be time to move on. Or, what other troubleshooting should I try?

May 16, 2018

It's an Antec neo something or other but it is 5 yo at least. I reviewed the critical errors detected by Windows. It is a large list, and were all the same, kernel-power. Web searches from there indicate power supply as possible, or likely culprit. There are some troubleshooting things to try, but again since the PS is old, it does seem time to replace. Thanks for replying.