1.4 TBird at 32º c..is this right?

Okay, I have an Athlon XP 1800+ cooled down by the ALPHA PAL8045 (?) with a Delta fan at 5,000 rpm and my friend has a athlon T bird 1.4 cooled by a thermaltake dragon w/ a fan at 7000 rpm. We basically have everything the same, except cpu, and his cpu temp's idle is 32 while mines is 35. I thought the 1.4 TBirds are hot as hell, and the palomino cores were cooler?
10 answers Last reply
More about tbird
  1. Dont know about the xp, but 32C idle is dam good, mines around that when I run it at 1400 (unless i run vcool - then its around 27) and im watercooled.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
  2. It could just be the difference of the thermal diode measuring the temperature more accurately on your AthlonXP.
    I wouldn't worry about it, it's very cool.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."
  3. temps on mobo's can vary... specially if they are from different manufacturers...

32C... 35C.. both are extreemly good temps!

Is that a Northwoody in your pocket or are you just eXPited to see me?
  4. Motherboard Monitor? What are you checking temps with?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
  5. 32°C is too cool! My Duron 600@800 under a coolermaster works at 45°C, ambient is around 30°C.

know any cooler that could do me some good?

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>
  6. sweet jesus, LOL. my case temp is higher than that :frown:
  7. Temps depend quite a bit on ambient temperature. He may be running it in a cooler environment. Also, as previously stated, motherboards read different temps all the time.

:tongue: Have you ever tried cooking an egg on your HSF? Tasty. :tongue:
  8. Wow, ok so no more worrying about that. He just ran prime95 for the first time over night, I wonder what his cpu temp rised to.
  9. Straight up idle temps mean nothing, like an idling lawnmower, not very exciting.
  10. Yes, the Palominos are cooler than the Thunderbirds.

Leo
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Fan Windows XP