All computer sound cuts out while playing a game

May 17, 2018
My sister has been running into this issue since about last week. While playing a game (and also being in a Discord call) her sound will just suddenly cut out over her whole computer. No sound will play anywhere, even if the game is shut down, and will only come back once she restarts her computer. It happened while we were playing two games that are not very taxing. At first it only happened every few hours but now she can only play for maybe 10-30 minutes before it happens.

I should add that when this happens, she can't hear anything, but we can still hear her through the call.

Also, the computer started running much worse once this started happening, running slow, freezing and bluescreening often when trying to mess with sound settings. (It has blue screened several times when opening Speaker Options on the toolbar.)

We've updated all the drivers, reinstalled sound drivers, messed with her settings, etc. Nothing seems to be affecting it and it's only getting worse.

Windows 10 64-bit
GTX Titan
intel i7 950
12 GB RAM

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Solution
Well, you are getting blue screen errors. This could mean a few things,
1) Your system is overheating - What type of cooling do you have, and have you tried a stress test and see how much thermal throttling you have?
2) There might be a malware/ virus which may cause this issue - Big hints: Is your drive/ CPU usage unusually high? If yes, I highly advice you to run malwarebytes - an excellent software.
3) There is a physical damage to your CPU pins or your Mother board
4) If your computer is overclocked, try underclocking it - this includes your ram.
5) Your harddrive/SSD that you have your windows installed is corrupted, try disk fragmenting

Speed Demo

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Well, you are getting blue screen errors. This could mean a few things,
1) Your system is overheating - What type of cooling do you have, and have you tried a stress test and see how much thermal throttling you have?
2) There might be a malware/ virus which may cause this issue - Big hints: Is your drive/ CPU usage unusually high? If yes, I highly advice you to run malwarebytes - an excellent software.
3) There is a physical damage to your CPU pins or your Mother board
4) If your computer is overclocked, try underclocking it - this includes your ram.
5) Your harddrive/SSD that you have your windows installed is corrupted, try disk fragmenting

Solution

Latest posts