PC randomly shut off and won't get me past the startup screen. Doesn't get to the win10 loading screen at all, just restarts.

May 19, 2018
Computer randomly shut off, and when I try to restart it it goes to the MSI loading screen, dies, restarts by itself, then goes to automatic recovery mode. I can hear fans moving and whatnot, and a cursory inspection didn't look like anything was damaged, just a bit dusty. I tried to do a system restore to a previous restore point but that failed, with the message "system restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point". I also tried startup repair, which also failed with the message "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC". I'm not sure what else to do at this point, so any help you guys might have is very much appreciated.

Solution
Hello alexuddin94

Can you please try to Get to Command Prompt and then run the CHKDSK D: /R command from there?

If that fails to help, you can try booting back in the Command Prompt and then Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command with the /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\WINDOWS parameters from there.

Upon successful restart, please make sure to update the graphics driver, and check for and install all the latest Windows updates.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!!
Hello alexuddin94

Can you please try to Get to Command Prompt and then run the CHKDSK D: /R command from there?

If that fails to help, you can try booting back in the Command Prompt and then Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command with the /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\WINDOWS parameters from there.

Upon successful restart, please make sure to update the graphics driver, and check for and install all the latest Windows updates.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!!

Solution