Screen shows double crossed image with messed colours

HeoroNinety

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hello

My issue:

This morning I woke up to my TV screen showing double/triple split desktop with messed up green and pink colours. Also, it has a permanent horizontal thick green line BELOW the screen (below the toolbar) and this issue starts once the PC is on, from the very beginning, at the mobo image, before windows starts loading.

AMD FX-8320
Asus GTX 970

Clues:

1. This happens from HDMI ports because when I change the TV source from HDMI to TV/Cable the screen looks normal.
2. At Device Manager everything looks normal.
3. Tried also connecting my laptop to the TV, with the same cable, and I get the SAME issue so I doubt my GPU is broken or anything.
4. The TV is relatively new, 4 months old approximately and has been working flawlessly since purchase.
5. The HDMI cable is old and every issue I had I solved it by moving it but now that doesn't work.
6. We have earthquakes pretty often and last night there was a strong one, but still that hasn't brought trouble to any of my electronic artifacts so far.

Could it be the HDMI cable?

Thanks in advance.

HeoroNinety

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Fixed it by pressing tightly the HDMI to the TV, weird since it was always properly connected. Is this a symptom of a potential broken HDMI port in my TV?