Black desktop after windows 10 update

azgrowl

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
After windows 10 update I restart my pc and it takes forever to restart.
On login screen the resolution goes really low and when I finally log in the desktop is completely black. All that's visible is: cursor, recycling bin and taskbar at bottom.
When I click on the windows button, nothing is there so I can't even restart/shut down so I have to click the button on my desktop physically.

After this windows repairs itself and works normally but the update remains.

I went through this same process 3 times already.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated thank you.

Solution
Follow this to uninstall the latest update
Control Panel>Program and Features>View Installed Updates(Menu List on Left side)
Select the latest update which was installed that is causing trouble(Check the date given and the compare to the date update was installed on) and Uninstall it.

Follow to this to disable auto update
Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>Services>Windows Update
Stop it and under Startup Type select disable and Apply.
Follow this to uninstall the latest update
Control Panel>Program and Features>View Installed Updates(Menu List on Left side)
Select the latest update which was installed that is causing trouble(Check the date given and the compare to the date update was installed on) and Uninstall it.

Follow to this to disable auto update
Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>Services>Windows Update
Stop it and under Startup Type select disable and Apply.

Solution

housecarl2066

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
This sounds like the same problem that has just started to occur on my pc this morning (June 10)

King Drazner, how are we to uninstall the update with just a black home screen which does not respond?

Azgrowl did you manage to fix this issue? Please tell us as my computer isn't working either