Microsoft Edge Browser (Favorites)

giacona

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013
It seems that edge does not pull favorites from the same location that I.E uses. After some research I found that edge uses the location below to pull favorites.
(C:\Users\GIaco\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites)

So I deleted the favorites folder from the above location and copied over the favorites folder on my PC that I am using for I.E and chrome. It's still now showing the same ones that show up when I use I.E or chrome. I can't seem to figure out why

Does anyone know a fix for this or even a reg hack so I can point edge to the folder where I want it to pull my favorites from?

Thanks

Solution

A better way of doing this would be going into the options for all...

A better way of doing this would be going into the options for all browsers you want to transfer and using their respective bookmarks managers to export the favourites to an HTML file. Insofar as I know, they're all able to read and import from that format.

At that point, use the bookmarks manager on Edge to import these files and you should be sitting pretty.

Solution