GPU/sound card audio no longer working after update

May 22, 2018
Hey.

So, I have a PC set up under my TV in the living room, that I don't use quite that often. Recently noticed it had been failing to update, so sat down and got it to do so after a few attempts. Got the latest big Win10 update... and I no longer have sound through my Samsung TV (connected to the GPU through HDMI)...
After checking other audio outputs, I realized that the sound card output also doesn't seem to work. The integrated sound card still works, however, as does connecting an Xbox controller and using that for sound (one of those, where you can plugin headphones).

My setup:
PC: i5-6600k, 8GB memory, GTX970 GPU, some MSI B150M Mortar mobo, running Windows 10 Home. Additionally, I also have a Creative SoundBlaster Z card installed, that is currently not in use.

TV is a Samsung UE55KS8002T.

Yes, digital audio is set up in NVidia control panel for this TV, it's the default audio output, I have the latest drivers.

Things I've tried - windows sound troubleshooting, plugging the PC into a different HDMI port, restarting a number of times, resetting bios to defaults (was already there).

Out of ideas as to whats causing this or how to fix it... :/