AOC Monitor Blinking

glennlantern123

Reputable
May 23, 2018
So i have this aoc monitor that only has dvi and vga... whenever i turn off my computer before i sleep.. waking up in the morning and turning on the pc and then had this problem that my monitor led indicator is blinking blue light.. in a loop ive tried replacing cable except for dvi.. transfering to another dvi port on my video card works last week but today it did not work.. tried turning off for mins and then turning on but it isnt helping..

Solution
Simple then try to connect the monitor with a different source, also different source if it is not detecting and turning on then it is not in working condition and you need to service it. If there is any menu button that appears on screen if it is not connected with any source then you can also use the reset option from the menu just to make sure any other setting is not messed by mistake. But it is more likely that it is broken as per your information.

glennlantern123

Reputable
May 23, 2018
I tried removing the dvi and just the power plug left the blue blink is still present.. when no dvi and signal it should show brown light indicating its off or it is not plugged in to any dvi or vga is the monitor the problem??

AniChatt

Distinguished
What is your CPU? Does it have a integrated graphics? If so then remove your gpu and try to put the monitor cable on the DVI/VGA port of the motherboard and check if it is working or not. If found working then there is a high chance that your gpu has problem.
Otherwise you can also check the display by connecting it to a laptop or pc or tv (if possible) if it is ok or not.

AniChatt

Distinguished

Try to use the menu button of the monitor if it works when there is no connection. If it is shoing something properly then there is a chance that it is working. But to confirm it you have to connect it to a source of any type.
What is your CPU/Processor?

glennlantern123

Reputable
May 23, 2018

my processor is i5-7400 and no my gpu is not broken.. i've tried the HDMI to our led tv and i've been playing here since my monitor is broken... all pc parts are good and working.. integrated graphics card are disabled too...

AniChatt

Distinguished
Simple then try to connect the monitor with a different source, also different source if it is not detecting and turning on then it is not in working condition and you need to service it. If there is any menu button that appears on screen if it is not connected with any source then you can also use the reset option from the menu just to make sure any other setting is not messed by mistake. But it is more likely that it is broken as per your information.

Solution