Windows 10 keeps freezing

Bas_9_

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017
Last month my hdd crashed, now I have a new ssd and a fresh windows 10 education install, but ran into a problem. without any warning my pc freezes. Waiting doesn't help, I searched the internet and found a few solutions. I found out that I had to update 11 drivers and I updated them. The problem isn't solved.

When I press the restart button on my pc it restart but does not give me any error message when it's restarted.

It freezes whenever it wants. During browsing the web, gaming, youtube, discord even on the home screen, and during the writing of this tread.

Solution
go to windows start menu
scroll down through installed applications to Windows System folder
choose control panel
Set view as category (see the view by menu)
choose System & security
choose security & maintenance
click on drop down menu for Maintenance
Under Report Problems, choose view reliability history

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

try running PC in safe mode and see if it still freezes
right click start
choose settings
open updates & security/recovery
Under advanced startup, choose restart now

this loads you into a blue menu on restart
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

not as many programs will work here but it might tell us if problem is hardware or software. If it doesn't crash it might mean its a driver causing the freezes.

Freezing isn't normally a windows problem, as windows normally BSOD if its a problem caused by software. It might be hardware

Bas_9_

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017

I did what you said and suceeded. my pc didn't froze in safe mode. But what could be the problem then?

Colif

Win 11 Master
what is a parts list in the PC? It is possible the problem is caused by one of the drivers installed

search cortana for Reliability history
choose the control panel option
see if any red warnings showing here. if so, click on them and choose view technical details. Take a screenshot, upload it to an image sharing web site and show it here. If you lucky it might show the driver causing this.

Bas_9_

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017

My specs are: CPU Ryzen 3 1200, GPU Nvidia GeFroce gtx 1050ti, 500gb ssd (Kingspec), 8gb ddr4 ram. 450W PSU.
Is there another way to get to the control panel option without Cortana? I don't have Cortana and I would rather not install it, because my pc isn't in Englsish.

Colif

Win 11 Master
go to windows start menu
scroll down through installed applications to Windows System folder
choose control panel
Set view as category (see the view by menu)
choose System & security
choose security & maintenance
click on drop down menu for Maintenance
Under Report Problems, choose view reliability history

Solution