PC boots to a black screen.

destinywarlock55

Reputable
Sep 20, 2017
My PC boots straight to a black screen right after I log in. I updated windows 10 last night, and today I woke up and tried to log in, but just kept running into a black screen after log in. It just shows my mouse and ASUS fan control on the side. Please help.

Update:
Discord just opened up, but the background is still black.

Thank you.

Solution
could be a malware loading a blank image, alt-ctrl-del to get to the task manager, then check processes and end selectively what looks unnecessary or unusual app, if you successfully get to your desktop, check start-up apps and disable any unnecessary apps loading at startup, then run windows defender scan or better download malware bytes and perform a full scan with rootkit detection.

R0GG

Distinguished
could be a malware loading a blank image, alt-ctrl-del to get to the task manager, then check processes and end selectively what looks unnecessary or unusual app, if you successfully get to your desktop, check start-up apps and disable any unnecessary apps loading at startup, then run windows defender scan or better download malware bytes and perform a full scan with rootkit detection.

Solution