Acer XFA240 144hz monitor stuck at 60hz

May 24, 2018
I saved up to finally get a 144hz monitor and when I got it, everything seemed fine. In the game I mostly played then (Rainbow Six Siege) I was getting 144 fps. I could definitely notice a difference so I am confident the 144hz is working in Siege.

However now that I have been playing Fortnite more, I notice even when I have the game settings at 144hz and the fps is 144hz capped I am only seeing 60 fps. I realized this by changing the game settings to 60hz and seeing no difference.

I went online looking for solutions and I can't find any. Nvidia control panel won't let me change the settings to anything above 60hz and Geforce Experience is saying (in "My Rig") that my monitor is 60 hz. Because of this I'm pretty sure the problem is with the monitor.

I am using Display Port. In the OSD of my monitor I can't find any setting to change 60hz to 144hz, and in the info part of the OSD it says 60hz.

I am getting really stressed about this so if you could help me out I would really appreciate it.

May 24, 2018

Thankyou! The part where you go to display adapter properties fixed it. I probably look like a dummy lol