PC Unplayable Audio video lag / causes audio device disconnect

Jonahtan Bokor

Reputable
May 2, 2015
Ill try to explain the problem as best i can the problem I'm having has only happened while playing Overwatch and for some reason while unzipping RAR files.

What happens is that while playing Overwatch it will start with occasional small lag and almost immediately get way worse the minute I load into a game, the audio will freeze then the lag will start and after happening a few more times I will get kicked out of my game and be asked to select an audio device as if I had disconnected it.

I noticed it happened during the extraction of RAR files but it was very minimal and barely happens.

As for the fixes I tried for this:
-Reinstalling the audio drivers
-Reinstalling the video drivers
-Disabling Nvidia high definition audio as well as Nvidia virtual audio device
-Switching Overwatch to different storage devices
-I had the motherboard replaced recently for other reasons

Here are some examples of what happens

https://youtu.be/foUM7NTNQQM

https://youtu.be/xAaSaezYrOU

My specs are
Intel I7 7700k at 4.6GHz
TridentZ RGB Ram (2 x 8GB) @ 3000MHZ
Asus Z270E
Corsair RM850X
Asus Strix 1080Ti
2 x samsung 850 pro
3 x HDDs

Solution
Hello Jonahtan Bokor

While reinstalling the audio and video drivers, can you please confirm if you obtained them from their respective vendors' official website, and that the drivers are latest?

Also, can you please try Increasing the Pagefile (Virtual Memory) Manually?

Running an efficient, free PC optimization tool such as Ashampoo WinOptimizer or Ccleaner might do the trick as well.

Feel free to report back if none of the solutions work, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!
Hello Jonahtan Bokor

While reinstalling the audio and video drivers, can you please confirm if you obtained them from their respective vendors' official website, and that the drivers are latest?

Also, can you please try Increasing the Pagefile (Virtual Memory) Manually?

Running an efficient, free PC optimization tool such as Ashampoo WinOptimizer or Ccleaner might do the trick as well.

Feel free to report back if none of the solutions work, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Solution

Jonahtan Bokor

Reputable
May 2, 2015
Hey sorry for taking so long to respond it seems you have solved my problem which is weird because using cleaner was what solved my problem which I actually tried before with no luck in fixing that problem, until now that is.

I tried running a few other tests to see if it might start up but have had nothing happen so far.