Samsung monitor White screen!

rodrigocordova263

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
Hello everyone, so i'm having a problem with my monitor for the last couple of days, i woke up yesterday and turned my PC on, but my screen was completely white, i disconnected it from my GPU, and still white, so i looked up a few videos and some random video helped me, i just had to tap around the screen and that did the job, it worked for a whole day, and today i already had this issue twice in a matter of 2 hours, first my sister woke me up saying the screen was white, i fixed it up, and now a couple of minutes ago (funny enough it never happened while the monitor was on, only when you turn it on after a while), i had a problem with this monitor in may of 2017, it wouldn't turn on (no power) i brought it to a store and they replaced the Motherboard, but now this? can you guys shed any light on this? Thank you

https://imgur.com/a/qdicoE4 < here's the region i need to tap to get it working again

henryjamesguest

Prominent
Apr 21, 2018
Aside from opening it up to have a look around there isn't much you can do. If the recommendation is a tap/slap, chances are it's a loose connection on the inside, however is this is inside the LCD panel you're stuffed. If you want a crack at repairing it, open it up and check all the connections but if I were you, I would start saving for a new monitor now while that one still at least partially works.

rodrigocordova263

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
Well i literally just had it a few seconds ago after returning from my shower, i turned my screen off before taking the shower, and yep, the screen went white, but i've been using my computer for the past 10 hours and no issues, seems like this issue is only happening when my screen is off for a few minutes