Can I install two Windows 10 on my SSD and HDD in one laptop?

May 20, 2018
I'm using an Alienware 17 R3 with a 500GB NVME SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is installed on the SSD and the 1TB has no files.

The reason why I wanna do it is I'll be presenting this laptop to a potential buyer without the SSD as we deal.
I'm gonna remove the SSD when we deal but he may or may not buy it so I'm only gonna remove it if he's about to purchase it.
Basically I want to create a temporary Windows 10 on my HDD until the deal ends.

Correct me if i'm wrong:

1. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool from Windows website and created a windows 10 bootable USB Drive

2. I'll shrink the volume of my 1TB HDD into 2 and install the same OS on one partition

3. Since I didn't remove the SSD, I'm gonna change the boot order and make the HDD boot first.

4. They also say that I can remove the SSD and Reconnect it afterwards

5. Please educate me what does RAID, Legacy such terms had to do with this. I am clueless

Any info would help, complete/incomplete. Just an added help with any of these questions

I'm really unclear about the steps, I am not fully aware about what UEFI, GPT, etc stands for and how it affects the process.

Please help! Thanks a lot

Solution
Don't do this. It will just be confusing.

Take the SSD out completely.
Install the OS on the HDD.
If the sale goes through, fine.
If it fails, just put the SSD back in and wipe the HDD.

RAID? Put that out of your mind completely.

USAFRet

Titan
Don't do this. It will just be confusing.

Take the SSD out completely.
Install the OS on the HDD.
If the sale goes through, fine.
If it fails, just put the SSD back in and wipe the HDD.

RAID? Put that out of your mind completely.

Solution

Filip_35

Commendable
Aug 2, 2017
you can have two windows 10. Stick with AHCI, not RAID and boot with UEFI, not Legacy.
After installing win10 on HDD, put the SSD back. Boot from SSD, make it as first boot device and install EasyBCD, with it you can easily add the HDD win10 to boot menu and rename it for example as:"Windows 10 HDD", and the previous one as:"Windowws 10 SSD".