How do i change my name on the forum?

PING_PONG001

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
Hi, I actually joined toms hardware a while back while making my new PC but the thing is i created this random username which sounds dumb and once done i stopped visiting here :p ... I would like to be active in the community again and didn't want to continue using this username. Can anyone guide me where the option for changing the username is? Thanks

Solution
There is no means to change a member name, once chosen. It is a limitation of the software used to manage the site. The only alternative is to register a new account. The downside is that previous badges and accomplishments are lost when doing so.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There is no means to change a member name, once chosen. It is a limitation of the software used to manage the site. The only alternative is to register a new account. The downside is that previous badges and accomplishments are lost when doing so.

Solution

PING_PONG001

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

Thanks for the quick reply :))
I dont currently have many badges in this acc so not a big loss for me, but will surely gain some in the new acc i make

Hi there, besides not possible to change its name (I agree) but how about change the email address?
For more than 5+ months I have tried to communicate with several mods at Tom's but nothing.

There is one very nice guy who really tried to help me with this and he is equally frustrating as I am: USAFRet
What can be done?

I tell You: it is not possible to change e-mail address and in particular since the old one doesn't work anymore.
What?

Best regards from Sweden