Operating Sytem Help!

Nicholasashton6425

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
I had a USB with Kali Linux on it and I accidentally pressed install, so I closed out of it and went to go back to Windows and I got a message
saying “An operating system wasn’t found. Try disconnecting any drives that don’t contain an operating system.”

I have tried going into CMD with a windows installer drive and tried creating boot files again.

I have also tried using the “Startup Repair” function in the installer.

I also tried installing windows, but I need my files on my PC.

I need quick help!!!

Solution
Okay, so what I ended up doing is realizing I have all my files on a separate HDD, so I just formatted my SSD that has windows on it and reinstalled. I only had CSGO, discord, steam and web browsers on my SSD, so thanks to whoever helped. I sometimes think that I have no wisdom in my body.

If a admin happens to come by, please close this.

Nicholasashton6425

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017

The files are still on my system when I check the volumes with diskpart. I didn't choose for it to even install anything, I just closed the installation and tried going back into windows.

how far did it get during the install before you cancelled it? without knowing its hard to determine what it was able to do to you hard drive. have you tried fixing the master boot record?

https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-mbr/

Nicholasashton6425

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017

I got to the part where is said that I needed to unmount and remount my USB drive to install Kali Linux and then I canceled it.

Just to note, I am writing everything on a old Linux Ubuntu Laptop, so I can't really run the utility the guide you provided gave me.

I did Fix #4 on : https://neosmart.net/wiki/operating-system-not-found-missing/#Fix_1_Rebuild_BCD_via_Easy_Recovery_Essentials

It said "Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully."

Nicholasashton6425

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
Okay, so what I ended up doing is realizing I have all my files on a separate HDD, so I just formatted my SSD that has windows on it and reinstalled. I only had CSGO, discord, steam and web browsers on my SSD, so thanks to whoever helped. I sometimes think that I have no wisdom in my body.

If a admin happens to come by, please close this.

Solution