Building My Friend A PC Soon and I Have a Question About It

jasonmbell2144

Prominent
Apr 3, 2018
I will build my friend a PC soon and I have a question about it.

I want to install programs such as steam, install the drivers, and set the wallpaper to something different, but I have to do that on some certain windows account that doesn't belong to my friend. (I'm building the PC at my house and giving it to my friend the next day)

Do you know how you get a new laptop or something, and when you get it you are brought straight to the login screen to make a Microsoft account and make your password and stuff. Once you make your account and access your desktop, you have a customized wallpaper, maybe even a few programs installed with the drivers also installed.

So I how do I make it so when my friend gets his computer, he will be able to make an account right away, and after making his account, he will have programs already pre-installed, without the account I installed the programs on even in sight.

I know, this sounds really confusing.

Solution
What if you have your friend go to microsoft.com and create an account, then give you the username and password. Note that he can change his password at any time from any device, and that will also change the password on his computer since it's set up with his Microsoft account.

This would mean you would set it up with his account being the only one on his machine. No account of your own to have to worry about hiding.
What if you have your friend go to microsoft.com and create an account, then give you the username and password. Note that he can change his password at any time from any device, and that will also change the password on his computer since it's set up with his Microsoft account.

This would mean you would set it up with his account being the only one on his machine. No account of your own to have to worry about hiding.

Solution