BSOD when playing certain games & when leaving the computer on idle for longer periods of time

May 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am sorry for the long post.

The past couple of months I would get seemingly random BSOD every now and then. These mostly happened when I was playing PlayerUnkowns Battleground (PUBG) and after 1 crash it mostly took quite a while before another occured. I shrugged these off as a minor nuisance and did not really look into it at the time. The past few weeks these crashes have become more frequent, and are also happening when I leave the computer on for a while. When I come back after a few hours I find my computer to have restarted.
There's also another game I really like, 'Cities Skylines'. When I launch and play this game I am guaranteed to get a BSOD after 2 - 30 minutes

I have looked into the issue for a bit, and downloaded "WhoCrashed" to get a better idea of what's causing it. I will post this report further down below.
I have updated all my drivers and scanned my PC for malware/virus. I have done multiple memory checks, chkdsk & sfc /scannow. I found all these steps on the internet as I have very little knowledge of the inner workings of my PC.
When trying to get my PC up-to-date I noticed that Windows Update can not install its latest update (1803). It spits out different error codes every time.
Because nothing seemed to be working I did a "refresh" of windows via the "windows defender security station". This has not made any difference regarding the BSOD issue or the windows update issue.

There are 3 different BSOD errors that have passed me by:
BAD POOL CALLER,
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA,
DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Below here I will post my hardware specs and below that the WhoCrashed reports.

I got this from 'www.systemrequirementslab.com'. I am sorry for it being so cluttered:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.4 GHz
Number of Cores 4
CPU ID BFEBFBFF000506E3
Family 06
Model 5E
Stepping 3

RAM 16 GB

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Chipset GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Dedicated Memory 3.0 GB
Total Memory 10 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.1
Vertex Shader Version 5.1
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 10DE
Device 1C02
Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_1C02&SUBSYS_85B01043&REV_A1
Driver Version 24.21.13.9764
Operating System
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64-bit
Edition NVIDIA
Version 10.0.16299
Locale 0409
BIOS
BIOS 1802
Version American Megatrends Inc. 1802
Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc.
Date
Sound
Audio 1
Sound Device Realtek High Definition Audio
Driver 6.0.1.8372
Audio 2
Sound Device ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device
Driver 8.1.8.1823
Audio 3
Sound Device HD Webcam C270
Driver 13.80.853.0
Audio 4
Sound Device NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Driver 1.3.36.6
Drives
DVD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1
CD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1
Drive 1
Size 1.8 TB
Free Memory 708.7 GB
Drive 2
Size 445.7 GB
Free Memory 241.8 GB

Software
Internet Explorer 11.431.16299.0
Chrome 66.0.3359.181
Flash 18,0,0,203
DirectX 11.0
.NET 4.6.2

The last reports from "WhoCrashed":

On Sun 5/27/2018 4:57:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052718-10984-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (NTFS+0xDA5CA)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x4, 0xFFFFB08C, 0x57ED3820, 0xFFFFB08C5F05ED70)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Sun 5/27/2018 4:57:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (NTFS+0xDA077)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x4, 0xFFFFB08C, 0x57ED3820, 0xFFFFB08C5F05ED70)
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Sun 5/27/2018 1:55:09 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052718-5859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (0xFFFFF8070C267C2C)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFF00F, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8070C267C2C, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Sat 5/26/2018 11:25:16 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052618-6359-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x2, 0x7024F8C0, 0xFFFFDD0D5C6E86B0)

On Sat 5/26/2018 9:44:51 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052618-17875-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x370031, 0x2E0030, 0xFFFFD204EF09E8B0)

May 27, 2018
Hello,

The problem has been fixed.

After trying out scout_03's troubleshooting and still facing the problem I gave up again.

A month ago my headset stopped working on one side, so I bought myself a new headset + a new mouse. With these plugged in, I can play whatever I want and I haven't had a BSOD since (hope i didn't just jynx it).
When I plug in my old gear, start up cities:skylines and wait 15 min - 1 hr, BSOD.

So it seems the hardware was at fault?

I mean I assume the hardware was at fault.

Greetings

Oh, I was using a Logitech G500s with a broken middle button (scroller worked, clicking it didn't)
and a ROCCAT Kave headset. Now I'm using a ROCCAT Kone Aimo mouse and ROCCAT Khan Aimo headset.

edit: and thank you scout_03 for the quick reply half a year ago.