What cable do I need for my SD Card reader?

Solution
that is not a standard usb port as wrong pin is missing as should be a corner pin. which end has 2 red pins side by side as that is your 5volts which means the other end should 3 black pins, 2 on 1 side & 1 on the other which are your ground pins? motherboard usb port should be marked pin1 which is 1 of the 5 volt pins.

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished

So i went and bough a reader from a computer parts shop locally. I plugged it into the usb port of my motherboard and it doesnt work. Here is a picture of the same reader I bought https://www.ebay.com/i/122871569681?chn=ps

I did notice that the motherboard usb port has all but one prong filled and this sd card reader cable has all the prongs filled and not an ampty one. It still fits though

that is not a standard usb port as wrong pin is missing as should be a corner pin. which end has 2 red pins side by side as that is your 5volts which means the other end should 3 black pins, 2 on 1 side & 1 on the other which are your ground pins? motherboard usb port should be marked pin1 which is 1 of the 5 volt pins.

Solution