Monitor goes into power saving mode upon bootup

May 26, 2018
So when I boot up my pc everything is working but the monitor goes straight into power saving mode.
Now, I just switched a MOBO (MSI), CPU and RAM and this problem happened, but today, I connected my previous MOBO (ASUS), CPU and RAM (which were supposed to work, like before) but I got the same problem.. also, I connected a speaker and it did 1 long beep 2 short beeps.
If I have the same problem with 2 different sets of mobo, cpu and ram what could be the problem?

Solution
take your GPU out of the system and plug the monitor to the motherboard's video output directly.

? does it continue to perform the same issue
if not then its either a) video card is bad b) you forgot to plug power to the video card itself.
if yes, then I suspect monitor being an issue, try using it with another computer or laptop to test it out of the equation
take your GPU out of the system and plug the monitor to the motherboard's video output directly.

? does it continue to perform the same issue
if not then its either a) video card is bad b) you forgot to plug power to the video card itself.
if yes, then I suspect monitor being an issue, try using it with another computer or laptop to test it out of the equation

Solution