Is my monitor RIP?

May 28, 2018
Hey there, I've had this monitor(I-Inc IF281D) for a while, probably like ~5-6 months(and it was a hand me down from an uncle of mine), and ever since i got it, I haven't been able to turn it off, or if i did, when i turned it back on, the display would flicker between what is actually being displayed on my pc, to just black, as if the monitor was turned off. As of late, maybe the last 2 or so weeks, the screen will go sorta static-y, mostly just on dark colors, like the dark scheme of youtube, and this would just happen for a few minutes at most, before it ultimately stopped. This happened today while I was watching a show on netflix, and I decided to try and blow some compressed air onto the hdmi cord, as well as the port on the monitor and the port on my gpu. When I plugged it back in. It began to flicker for a couple minutes, then when that stopped, the ENTIRE screen was stattic-y, and I couldn't get it to stop. Right now, it looks like everything is fine, but I don't know how long that will last for, or whats going to happen.
Everytime that it flickers in and/or out, it makes an audible clicking noise.
So far I've tried using a different HDMI cord, this provided the same results.
I've tried hooking another device to the monitor, I used my PS4, and it worked just fine, with no static or flickering at all.
I tried using the hdmi cord to hook my pc to my other monitor, and it worked just fine aswell.
I tried to use a DVI port to VGA Adapter to use a VGA cable to go from my gpu to the monitor's D-sub input. The monitor didnt even detect any input at all.
Here is a video of it flickering in and out.
Here is a video of it flickering in and out, that also showcases the static, though you can hardly notice the static from my phone's camera.
In the time it's taken me to write this post, it is now flickering in and out again.
I've really grown used to having 2 monitors, and I really would prefer to keep that aspect of my setup.
I don't have any money to really replace the monitor at this time. :(

Solution
If you have a bit knowledge of components and how to dissaasemble monitor (youtube is your friend) take picture of the motherboard/Psu after you dissasemble it, or try looking for bad capacitors since thats the main problem after long period of time.

Usually caps are cheap to buy.

If not there might be another problem then.
If you have a bit knowledge of components and how to dissaasemble monitor (youtube is your friend) take picture of the motherboard/Psu after you dissasemble it, or try looking for bad capacitors since thats the main problem after long period of time.

Usually caps are cheap to buy.

If not there might be another problem then.

Solution