Blue screen of Death ( can someone explain this to me and tell me what to do? am freaking out

May 28, 2018
Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

BAD_PAGES_DETECTED: 70b2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80182a10570

STACK_TEXT:
ffffee04`6f51db38 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000109 a39fc4d9`729269e7 b3b6d15f`c51412c1 fffff803`3b8b0000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: PAGE_NOT_ZERO

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: PAGE_NOT_ZERO

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

*** Memory manager detected 28850 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption.

Solution
The CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION bug check has a value of 0x00000109. This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

likely a driver error, but its blaming the system which doesn't tell us a lot.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION bug check has a value of 0x00000109. This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

likely a driver error, but its blaming the system which doesn't tell us a lot.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jboah.cass : "Blue screen of Death ( can someone explain this to me and tell me what to do? am freaking out"

I merged threads together, have you had error more than once? Can you set it to create minidumps if you are as it will make a 256kb file which is much smaller to upload than the memory.dmp file which can be very big (many gb)

Can you go to c:\windows folder
set the view to show hidden files and folders
If the memory,dmp file is less than several gb in size, copy it to your desktop
upload the copy from desktop to a file sharing web site and share the link here

we can get more info out of the dmp than that screenshot is showing us.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, the link above contains "BlueScreenView.exe" which is not what we need. We need the actual dump file. They are usually located in the C:\Windows\minidump folder and have filenames such as "060118-9546-01.dmp". You might need to copy them to your desktop or documents folder before they can be uploaded.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/ueAf.html

File: 060118-36843-01.dmp (Jun 1 2018 - 12:11:53)
BugCheck: [CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)]
Probably caused by: Unknown_Image (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

Homepage: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5611
It appears as if you have the latest available BIOS installed already.

You have 1 driver that I've never seen before and a Google search brings up nothing. Do a search of your PC for nvtcidrv.sys and if you find it, right click on it, choose properties and give us any information about this file that you can. It may or may not be a problem, but as of now it's unidentified.

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

May 28, 2018

Hi Colif,

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful. I think I installed an online stata around the time of this driver and might have caused the problem.

The stata was removed long ago but this might be hidden and now the problem is to find it.

You have been very helpful

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master