BIOS boots up on one monitor and the OS boots up on second monitor

May 12, 2018
I have 2 monitors connected to my pc, one is connected via a dvi-d to vga active adapter and the other is connected via hdmi. when i turn my computer on the BIOS boots up on the first monitor (The one with the dvi-d to vga active adapter) before losing connection and booting up the OS on the second monitor (HDMI). The computer the cannot detect the first monitor at all. Any suggestions?

Solution
Try this - Display > Screen Resolution then check on the box saying "Make this my main display" which is going to be your main monitor and I'm assuming it's the first monitor.

I also had this experience when I swapped my cables first to second monitor and second to first monitor. BIOS displayed on my 2nd monitor and OS displayed on 1st monitor, however at the end both display was showing after OS boot. Is this the case for you? or your first monitor does not display at all after OS boot.

hiimyourfriend

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Try this - Display > Screen Resolution then check on the box saying "Make this my main display" which is going to be your main monitor and I'm assuming it's the first monitor.

I also had this experience when I swapped my cables first to second monitor and second to first monitor. BIOS displayed on my 2nd monitor and OS displayed on 1st monitor, however at the end both display was showing after OS boot. Is this the case for you? or your first monitor does not display at all after OS boot.

Solution