serious issue with computer that used to be fine... whats happening

May 29, 2018
The problem all started about 3 days ago. Windows was continuously telling me about a update, which i kept putting back a hour because I was busy with things on my computer. My computer was running as fine as ever, no issues at all. I finally decided to let the update go, and I went to sleep, not aware of what the horrible result would be when I woke up. When I start my computer now, there is a black screen before the actual login screen with my username where i enter my password. this never happened before. It seems to continue to the next screen when I simply click. I sign in, and everything seemed fine. But No. Now my computer was moving so incredibly slow. I checked the wifi, thats perfectly fine. There's no background processes. There's nothing on my computer and its moving deathly slow. I try opening one of my computer games that always performed perfectly fine. It's unplayable because its moving so slow. The entire game is laggy, my mouse cant even move much before the screen freezes a second. I try opening another one of my games. Right as the actual app opens, the game closes and sends me back to the launcher. No luck at all. This is crazy, this has never happened before.

Here's the steps I've taken to try and fix this issue.

1. I tried reinstalling some of my apps, obviously that isn't going to work

2. I tried restarting my pc, I thought perhaps my computer just booted up incorrectly and carried over problems.

4. windows defender did a full scan for viruses. Nothing located

3. I had tried a bunch of things I looked up online on "windows update making my computer slow" tried using the command prompt etc, nothing worked

4. I had to fully reset the computer several times now. It does not work still. I tried to restore windows to a previous version but it said it cannot do this and sent me back. I fully cleaned the drive, I just removed my apps one time. I used as many troubleshooters as possible.

Fully restarting my computer, cleaning the drive didn't even help. The computer actually isn't slow until I actually try downloading one of my apps. once I try downloading and using the apps I used to run easy and perfectly, the computer starts moving at incredibly slow, laggy speeds. it's insane.

I'm not 100% sure if this was caused by an update, but it MUST be. If it was a virus, it would be gone as I cleaned my computers entire drive / reset the system. (the longer reset) I also made sure I did a full scan with windows defender, and I always had my windows defender firewall up. I don't believe it was a virus. My computer just started not working for no reason. But how can the update still be there if I made a clean installation of windows?

Recent update: Whenever I try redownloading my games, it says "your system does not meet the requirements" I tried installing intels graphic drivers, "system does not meet requirements"

How is this happening all of a sudden? my computer always used to meet the requirements before. Whats going on? Is my computer just worse now? did the specs get worse? why cant I download or play games I used to play fine? my computer cannot even download games now. it says my computer doesnt meet requirements. thats impossible.

Solution

How did you perform the clean Windows installation?
Which version of Windows do you have?
To perform a repair, you boot from a USB/DVD installation media and when you see the Install Windows page, click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).

May 29, 2018

Windows 10, I did a fuill windows reset, where I cleaned the drive, the longer one. everything was cleaned out, i did this several times actually, one of the full drive, one normal reset, and one refresh. I don't have the disk that came with the computer if thats what you mean, so I don't know...

I really don't know how this is happening after I completely reset the computer. I had the same problem before I did, somehow it carried over??

By the way, I wanna tell you, I really appreciate you trying to help me, I hope we can find a solution my friend.

A reset or refresh is not the same as a clean installation. When you perform a refresh/reset it uses files from the computer but those files could be corrupted.
What you should do is create a USB Windows 10 installation media. Just go to Microsoft website and create one using the media creation tool.
Then boot from the USB and install Windows 10.
If it asks for a key code during setup just skip and it will activate when online.

May 29, 2018

Ok, I dont got a flash drive right now, so until then I'm gonna try finding something online to fix corrupted files. right now im looking through some sites for it.

May 29, 2018

i just tried installing. waited for the download. got this error. whats happening? it's like my computer has problems using many of its processes.

https://ibb.co/maYYiT

May 29, 2018

Nope, that error was after trying to download the installation media tool. I tried downloading windows 10 to a usb, and that error occurred after it finished all the downloading. it will not let me download the media.

I want to let you know, I tried installing one of the games I had before on this computer, and it said my computer doesn't meet the system requirements, even though it did before. is that what happens when your computer is corrupted?

Your OS appear to be badly corrupted.

You should try downloading the installation media tool and creating the USB installation media from another working computer... then perform a clean Windows installation

May 29, 2018

I'm gonna take my computer to the geek squad at best buy. should I just tell them my computers corrupted

You have not tried what they will do: Download the installation media tool and creating the USB installation media from another working computer... then perform a clean Windows installation on your computer.

If you are not up to the task, have your wallet ready and just explain to them the issues your are having...they should know what to do...
Just be careful they might tell you need to replace hardware that might be working just fine.

Solution