Just woke my PC from sleep of about 3 hours, DisplayPort not working anymore?

Cavasi

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I literally just got home from 3 hours of being away, and when I woke my PC, only my 60 Hz HDMI monitor was on, my monitor turned on quickly to just show DisplayPort no signal (VG248QE). I tried replugging the DisplayPort Cable and the same no signal screen just showed up, I have a GTX 1080, I put DVI-D into the monitor and it works fine, but the most bizarre thing about this is in windows, with DP plugged in, it shows 2 displays are connected but it shows my 60 hz monitor and then a much smaller sized one (which is not the case normally, the VG248QE is the larger one) on the opposite side.

What can I do?

Solution
This is most likely to be a problem with the displayport cable or even your graphics card. I would recommend that you get a new displayport cable or if the problem still persists, you may have to have your gpu checked on.

Cavasi

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
So I failed to remember that I actually experienced this problem before, and all I had to do was power cycle the monitor by removing the power cable from the back until the light on the device went dark, then plugged it back in, good to go!

HoboJoe527

Commendable
Jun 10, 2017
This is most likely to be a problem with the displayport cable or even your graphics card. I would recommend that you get a new displayport cable or if the problem still persists, you may have to have your gpu checked on.

Solution