Headphone background static / interference Acer XB252Q Headphone jack

May 30, 2018
So, 2 days ago I received my brand new Acer Predator XB252Q Monitor (G-Sync / 240Hz)
no backlight problems at all or dead pixels visable which is rare with TN panels, a good catch!

However when plugging in my headset to use the included 3.5mm aux port
that is on the back on the monitor I noticed this silent background static interference.
This happens with all headphones/headsets I that plug into the monitor's 3.5mm jack.
This is not noticable when playing music/games as the sound gets completely drawn out
but its noticable when not playing any music or sounds.

Another thing that I also noticed is whenever I turn up my volume in windows 10
and the audio test tune plays that there is a short quiet squeal 1 second after.
And when in the game portal 2 for instance when in the loading screen,
specifically the one where the "aperture laboratories" logo slowly lights up
I noticed at the point the first parts start to glow that I can "hear the panel light up"
through the headphone jack as this silent high pitch interference noise.

I have already tried:
-Switching the DP cable
-Switch to HDMI
-Turning G-Sync off
-switch back down to 60Hz
-turning the brightness of the monitor down
-Different headphones/headset
all with no effect unfortunately.

The only cause I can think of right now is that it's interference from the G-Sync module as the headphone jack is right between the DP/Hdmi ports and the USB hub which might cause some interference as its a analog signal. picture here: https://puu.sh/AvH7m/fe77d47cad.jpg

I have asked about this issue on the acer community forums
but my post has gone unanswered unfortunately

Does anyone else owning the XB252Q have the same issue?

Looking forward to your answers :)

P.S Sorry if any grammar issues in my post english isn't my first language :)

May 30, 2018
No need to respond, figured the problem out with some testing. There seems to be a grounding problem in the monitor, and after contacting the seller we both seem to agree that there is a factory fault in the monitor. we decided to return this one and i'll be getting a beforehand tested one back.
problem solved pretty much.

Aug 20, 2018

I bought this exact monitor a week ago and am having the same issue. Is getting a new one the only solution?