SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD Review: Speed Wrapped In A Rugged Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
The Sandisk Extreme portable SSD is a solid performer. I also like its rugged qualities. How practical is it to carry around though? It didn't see any drive measurements on either page. Is this thing the size of a playing card? It's hard to tell.

On page 1 in the specifications table the transfer protocols are listed as USB 3.1 Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4, and Gen 5. You guys should augment your USB explanation article from a week ago to include those extra specifications.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014

Yeah, what's up with listing USB 3.1 Gen 3, USB 3.1 Gen 4, and USB 3.1 Gen 5 for the 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB versions. That's hardly a typo.

daddywalter

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
I consider the detachable (and thus replaceable) USB-C cable a Pro, not a Con. If the included cable is too short, substituting a longer cable is simple and inexpensive. And if the cable somehow becomes damaged, the drive doesn't necessarily become a brick. Granted, the separate cable is another piece to keep up with; but the ability to easily replace the cable easily outweighs the nuisance factor as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.