computer gaming slow all of a sudden out of no where

May 30, 2018
I need help. one day my computer was running just fine i just played fortnite in the day. the next day i woke up and fortnite took really long to launch and load and when i tried the other games they also launched slowly. i looked for solutions i found none that worked. i decided to completely wipe my computer and the games still run slowly and struggle to launch fast. also i should add when i eventually opned into a game with fortnite it didnt render properly
My specs for my pc:
proccessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50 GHz 3.50 GHz
installed RAM: 16.0 GB
system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Ralston18

Titan
Who manages your network router?

Consider that the slowness may be due to something else other than your computer per se.

E.g., a bad cable or connection, a problem with the router, some QoS setting in the router, or maybe your ISP has taken actions to restrict game related traffic.

What version of Windows are you running? Check the update history - you may be able to trace the problem to a faulty or failed update.

Have you updated the network adapter card's drivers via the manufacturer's web site?

One immediate thought is to try the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may identify some problem and may even be able to fix the problem.

May 30, 2018

i never thought but yesterday i dowloaded msi afterburner and it worked and today i woke up and having the same problems

Ralston18

Titan
Run "pingpath" and "tracert" via the command prompt.

Target "Google" and two or three other websites that you frequently visit.

Do several "runs" and get a sense of the connections and delays involved.

You can also use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to learn more.

Boot your computer and open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Watch your system for a while and explore the tabs and views.

Leave the window open and slide to one side. Launch Fortnight and continue watching. You may spot something taking place that indicates a bottleneck and thus the source of the slow launching.

May 30, 2018

this is what i got Usage: tracert [-d] [-h maximum_hops] [-j host-list] [-w timeout]
[-R] [-S srcaddr] [-4] [-6] target_name

Options:
-d Do not resolve addresses to hostnames.
-h maximum_hops Maximum number of hops to search for target.
-j host-list Loose source route along host-list (IPv4-only).
-w timeout Wait timeout milliseconds for each reply.
-R Trace round-trip path (IPv6-only).
-S srcaddr Source address to use (IPv6-only).
-4 Force using IPv4.
-6 Force using IPv6.