Cannot install any version of windows

May 30, 2018
Right...I can’t install windows 10 back onto the drive it was previously installed on, After an update I was unable to get past the BIOS check screen. I’ve updated the BIOS, checked the hard drives (2 Seagate Barracuda’s), checked the RAM (x2 8GB HyperX Fury), AMD FX 4350, asus m5a78l-m-usb3 mobo. I’ve reset the CMOS and still nothing. It won’t boot windows 10,7,8 from USB or disk, it hangs as it starts to read the usb and stays like that for 3 hours (thought I’d leave it for as long as possible). So is it time for a new mobo? Any suggestions would be great!

Solution

Even if the HDDs were faulty it shouldn't be a cause for hanging while the USB is plugged.
Try disconnecting all the disks and just leave the USB disk and see what happens.

I assumed you tried different USB ports and more than one USB flash drive.
Restore BIOS settings to default
Enter BIOS, press F5 to restore default setting and click Yes to return to default value.
Press the F10 ket to save and exit.

May 30, 2018
Yet again it still hangs after I select the USB to boot from, and yeah I’ve tried all my USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports and various USB sticks above 8GB. Just doesn’t seem to want to do anything productive. I’m split between the motherboard being faulty or the hard drives but I’ve tested the hdd’s On another computer and they work absolutely fine so I’m stuck.

Even if the HDDs were faulty it shouldn't be a cause for hanging while the USB is plugged.
Try disconnecting all the disks and just leave the USB disk and see what happens.

Solution