BSOD caused randomly with different errors each time (monitor?)

May 1, 2018
I've been having problems with this computer over the past couple of months.
Done various troubleshooting and I can't find out the reason why the computer BSODs.
So I take it in to a computer shop nearby and repeat the process 4 times because they say it works fine at their place.
I try it out and for some reason it works fine at the shop, games don't cause bsods within 10 minutes like at my place.(note: tested it with exact same number of monitors/ usb ports at the shop) So I've assumed it was my peripherals causing the issues. I unplugged everything aside from my monitors and a brand new keyboard and mouse yet I'm still getting bsods.

These bsods happen faster if a game is open but will still happen eventually even without them being open. They also seem to happen faster with 2 of my monitors rather than 1. I think it's a bit absurd to assume a monitor could cause BSODs but is that possible? Also the event viewer has DCOM errors and 1 bug check error but the computer shop already updated all my drivers to the most recent ones.

Solution

If it was a power supply issue, wouldn't the computer just shut off entirely instead of going to a BSOD? I've also switched the power bar and changed it to a different outlet.
May 1, 2018

If it was a power supply issue, wouldn't the computer just shut off entirely instead of going to a BSOD? I've also switched the power bar and changed it to a different outlet.

Solution

An unstable AC power grid can definitely cause BSODs and spontaneous reboots.

May 1, 2018

uhh would I have to call a electrician to see if its stable or not? lol