windows 10 multi boot problems..

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
I have 2 PC’s and one of them is,.. well gone. Too old to try and fix so I want to add a 3rd windows 10 operating system to my newer PC.. my newer PC currently has 2 partitions with windows 10 on them and they work fine. But.. when I went to add another partition and add another windows system to it. I ran into issues. It won't take.. I have that many partitions as each partition is for a different purpose so I need to keep it all separate. I have used Disk Director to create a 3rd primary petition on my newer PC.. and that goes ok. I format that partition. BUT when I go to install a new OS on that partition. I get an error saying it's not a valid partition or not usable. .. again I only have 2 primary partitions and I know you can have 4.. the partitions are all NTFS.. the current DUAL boot works fine. Just adding a 3rd one causes issues. I even tried taking one of the images of the other partitions and adding it to the new blank one and it seems to go ok. But when I boot to that. It seems to load ok.. you see it booting and then the windows logo and after that it should go into the system.. . But then the screen just goes blank and stays that way.. not sure what I am doing wrong..