My Lenovo Z50 audio jack is messing around with bass frequencies

May 25, 2018
Lately, I've been facing a strange issue with my Lenovo Z50. The laptop is over a year old now and I'm observing this problem for like 2 months now.

When I first tried to listen to some music on my PC (with headphones, obviously), I noticed that the sound quality was very poor due to the tin-ish feeling. I tried multiple headsets - the results were the same: no sweet low frequencies and nothing I could call bass or at least bass-ish. Eventually I got over it and overlooked the fact that the jack quality is probably poor and there's nothing i can do.

BUT, about 2 months ago I was watching some YouTube videos and noticed that the sound quality got oddly better. I turned on Spotify to make sure that nothing has changed at all, but the bass was suddenly there. The sound got rich, the bass was clean, 10/10 quality.
But then it disappeared again...
And that's the problem. Most of the time, the audio quality is as good as it was since i got the PC (tin-ish, bass-less, horrible) but every once in a while, something toggles on and the audio is perfect.

I think there might be a problem with my audio card and/or with the software components and drivers.

Things I tried:

• - Reseting the PC to the factory settings
    - Reseting the BIOS settings to default
    - Installing some different (older/newer) drivers
    - Other various audio settings
    - "Positioning" the headphone jack

If anyone knows what would help, please reply. This issue really bugs me now that I know that the jack is okay and has got the potential to produce clear, rich, bass audio.
Thanks.

Solution
I don't think it's the jack. If you had a problem with the jack, I think you would have the problem across all frequencies. The jack has no way to discern frequency.

I don't know what it is....but I think you can eliminate the jack.