Create ISO file from existing windows

May 31, 2018
How to create Windows 10 ISO file from existing windows on another PC? I have laptop X and laptop Y. ISO from microsoft site has problem on laptop Y. So I want to create ISO file from laptop X to install it on Y if possible.

Edit: Clear Windows only ISO if possible :)

Solution

1. You can't extract "only windows" like this.

2. You're trying to copy the C drive from Laptop X and apply that to Laptop Y?

Why?
And this might work, only if the two laptops are actually identical.

What are you actually wanting the end state to be? A clean install on Laptop Y?
That's easy...
Create a Win 10 USB, here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Boot from that on Laptop Y and install it.

If that does not actually install...
May 31, 2018
On Y problems with auto update, with antivirus installing, bsod etc. (actual ISO from official microsoft website). On X I used older ISO and It was working fine. (older ISO was also working great on Y before format, however I wanted more acutal bootable flash drive to skip downloading all those updates- my fault) Yup now I know I should save older ISO in case of problems.

Hi,

With windows 10, download windows creation tool here

you need a valid installation key to do so,
follow the instruction to create usb / install cd.

you will need to enter a different key for each laptop / desktop or windows will not activate.

If you want to do an image to restore with program and date, you need to do so within widows but the restore is only good for the computer it was installed on.

If you want to do this, you need 3rd party software (Macrium Reflect, EaseUS Todo Backup Free, ect. )

it could be Y has hardware issue, what is the BSOD message?

USAFRet

Titan

1. You can't extract "only windows" like this.

2. You're trying to copy the C drive from Laptop X and apply that to Laptop Y?

Why?
And this might work, only if the two laptops are actually identical.

What are you actually wanting the end state to be? A clean install on Laptop Y?
That's easy...
Create a Win 10 USB, here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Boot from that on Laptop Y and install it.

If that does not actually install on Laptop Y, either you're doing it wrong or there is a hardware fault on Laptop Y.

Solution
May 31, 2018
BSOD: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Actually BSOD stopped when I installed kb4100403 manually instead of using Windows Update. However Antivirus problem still does occur. Cannot also change windows feedback option to "ask never". It thinks that I'm using insider (which I don't and never did). Support told me to wait for another update.... So a lot of problems with actual ISO for me. Never had problems with older version and updating.

Thanks USAFRet, I know I may not know how to fix those problem, but installing clear windows is something you cannot fail :p

May 31, 2018
Yeah so to be clear. I'm creating bootable flash drive with official microsoft iso file. Boot from USB. Custom installation. I make two partitions. Install windows on one of them. Bang done! I've done it a lot of times but never had any problems like that. Never had problems with older windows 10 ISO files. Just updated my flash drive with current version and.... you see :/

Edit: Just to say, microsoft is aware of feedback option problem. I'm not the only one.

Did you try to use the directions I left for you?

May 31, 2018
I started to think that it's really somewhat useless to make ISO from another laptop. But BSOD started again and..... it looks like it's much more complicated. BSOD problem started so I thought "Why not try format again?": [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFtnbGxedow&feature=youtu.be"][/video]
(Wasn't sure where to upload video Hope it's ok).
Actually I've almost done format but after Windows installer restarted then BSOD again So now if I leave laptop by itself it actually try to log in:
ouVpyPh.jpg

Telling me: "Another user" with blank user name and password. I tried using my profile name and pass but didn't work. I've read that "Page fault in non-paged area" might be related to hardware.
Just to let you guys know, my laptop is still on warranty, but if it's possible I'd like to repair it by myself so I don't have to wait 1 month to get my laptop back.

Thanks for answer Rocky, even if I don't use it right now it might be useful in future.

May 31, 2018
Yup BSOD during installation. It is probably half installed, since bsod occured in middle of windows instalation. Doing format will probably be the best option, but it's impossible to even do this,

So should I send it on warranty? Or maybe there is some kind of solution? Thanks!

Colif

Win 11 Master
How hard is it to get ram out? can you do that without breaking warranty? might want to run memtest on the ram stick(s) and see if they show any errors - only need to remove ram if you have more than 1 stick

Download this on working laptop - https://www.memtest86.com/ - use it to create a bootable USB. Run test on 1 stick at a time, any error count higher than 0 will show you reason for page faults. Only score you want is 0

run it in the laptop that currently doesn't work. Normally its just 1 stick to blame so if you have more than 1 stick in laptop you may only need to send ram back and run on half.

Are they both same model laptops? in theory you could move ram from working to non working to see if you can complete an install. Depending how much ram is in each laptop, it would still leave you with 1 non working laptop but you wouldn't need to return the laptop - depends how Acer treat the warranty on ram.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Just so you know, page faults aren't errors.
Contrary to what "fault" might suggest, valid page faults are not errors, and are common and necessary to increase the amount of memory available to programs in any operating system that utilizes virtual memory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_fault
and that BSOD you got can be caused by drivers which is where i normally look with this error. But as you were in middle of an install and had also had IRQ errors, its likely it is a ram problem, as default windows drivers shouldn't cause BSOD,

May 31, 2018
Yup I wanted to create bootable usb one lat time before checking other things Downloaded ISO on another laptop, plugged flash drive and bang. Avast detected malware AVS Downloader AJV. I did format flash drive and mount ISO. Plugged to non working laptop- didn't work. So I plugged flash drive to another laptop with linux- found Manuel.doc file on flash drive. I have no idea how it got infected (especially because I don't download stuff, only use facebook, youtube and steam so it gives a lot to think). So right now I'm gonna create bootable usb with linux (love this software) and try. If that's not the case then I'm gonna check hardware. But hope it's gonna work

Thank you Colif I'm gonna check that. If that's hardware I'm gonna send it for warranty anyway (2 years warranty for everything).

Nov 23, 2018

Microsoft supports user to download the.ISO files ,and the WizISO can do the same thing with Microsoft .

TRENDING THREADS