Bad system config info

blacksun1998

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
Hi,

Yesterday I was browsing on the internet, Youtube, Facebook and my website for school, when suddenly i got a bluescreen of death. And now everytime I reboot i get the same bluescreen immediatly after my motherboard logo/initialisation. As soon as windows has to start: bluescreen... with the stopcode: Bad System Config Info

there is a tread on this forum about it: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3127605/fix-windows-bad-system-config-info-error.html

and a lot of other ones out there on the internet, but nothing seems to work. Everytime I try to repair my windows with some tool or repair disk, it tells me it can't find windows, there is no windows installed or it doesn't work for some reason. I tried to open up commandprompt and use the bootrec /fixmbr and /fixboot commandos, but the /fixmbr is done immediatly but it didn't fix anything at all. and the /fixboot tells me that i dont have permission to use that command. Booting into safe mode doesn't work either.

if i use the recovery windows tool and i open the registery editor, and I open "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG" it pops up a error message that says: "Cannot open HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG: Error while opening key

The disk commander recovery tool doesn't do anything either. It immediatly tells me that there is no MBR found. and bootrec /scanos tells me that there is no windows installation found.

I have no clue what to do and how this is possible. Could anyone help me with this problem?

Kind Regards,
Laurens

Solution
Most likely the hard drive is starting to have issues and corrupted windows.

At that point, I would plug in the hard drive in a working computer and install hard disk sentinel to look at the heath of the drive.
Also if you can access partition and data or not.

Most likely you need to reinstall windows at best or change hard drive at worse.
Most likely the hard drive is starting to have issues and corrupted windows.

At that point, I would plug in the hard drive in a working computer and install hard disk sentinel to look at the heath of the drive.
Also if you can access partition and data or not.

Most likely you need to reinstall windows at best or change hard drive at worse.

Solution

blacksun1998

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
I do not have another desktops available :/ , only laptops. And I browse my harddrive with commandprompt using "cd" and "dir". Seems to be working fine, I can see all my files and folders. my HDD is not dead (yet). Reinstalling windows is my last hope, but I would prefer to keep everything and fix it in some way.