No boot os to freezes durning boot up/cd boot

Jun 2, 2018
Pc worked flawlessly before I Shut down my pc and when I came to power it up 8 hours later the system says there’s no os. Alright yeah that seems simple do I went and grabbed my windows installation disk, plopped it in and it came up fine, attempted to rebuild the mbr but cmd kept giving me failure to do so. Repair automatically didn’t work. Now whenever I attempt to boot from the disk, it either freezes on the windows with the frozen circle dots or gets to a bluish purple screen with nothing on it. Only haven’t m.2 and dvd drive with flu connected, everything else was removed. Tried old hdd with windows installed and briefly got into windows til I restarted, now the same thing happened to it. Freezes on the purple blue screen or durning the circle loading with the windows logo. Any idea what’s going on? M.2 is a couple months old and my storage hdds arnt even plugged in. Has to be a software issue...

R0GG

Distinguished
_ Get into the Bios and insure your M.2 is listed as 1st boot device in the BOOT DEVICE PRIORITY list :with Windows UEFI boot loader before it' s name ( might be listed under 2 entries : one without windowds boot loader and the other with : choose the one with prefixe windows loader as 1 st boot device and you can disable all the other boot entries one by one)
_If the correct entry is not listed in the boot device list, go to Hard drive priority list and make your M.2 Drive 1st on that list as well ( should be an easy task since you don't have any other HDD attached)
_Some Bios do mess up boot priority settings after adding or removing drives from the system
_Navigate through your Bios and double check that your M.2 is operating in AHCI mode, and it's listed at the rated speed system was installed through: PCI 3.0 X4 mode. (if help is needed please provide motherboard model and brand)

Jun 2, 2018
Tried, ahci, with uefi first then m.2 then disk drive and nothing same blank windows installation and or freezes on frozen spinning circle on windows logo.

Running a ga z97x gaming 7 has it since it was new. Never had any issues with it ever.

R0GG

Distinguished
1. Try switching the PCIE slot configuration to auto or X4 in the Bios (under peripherals tab line 14)
2. Try resetting you Bios to it's default optimized values: F7 save and exit/reboot (might mess up your other personalized settings)
3. Repair your windows 10 installation booting from windows 10 installation media
7 ways to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 >> paragraph 5. Use a Windows 10 installation drive and the Command Prompt >> https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10