Windows 10 Setup continuously

Feb 15, 2018
Let me start off by saying that I caused this because I tried to fix a BSOD problem but that didn't go so well so now I'm stuck with this problem. So quick background: i built my first pc everything went smoothly up until couple days and started having freezing issue (Everything would freeze from screen to sounds). So i did some research found out it was my motherboard. So, ordered a new motherboard, put that in (i made sure it was compatible first) and once again everything was working fine. Then a new problem occurred when i would just be playing games or watching twitch, i would get blue screen and my PC would reset itself. this would happen often and the error code would always be different.

Latest errors included:
PFN List Corrupt
Memory Managment
Attempted to write to readonly memory
kernel_security_check_failure
(just to name a few)

So i searched online for a solution, made some changes to my PC, thought it would work but did not. So i decided to do a clean sweep of Windows and just reinstalled it. i did whatrevand booted up my USB with the setup, wiped all previous partitions and tried to reinstall Windows. Part way through the install process i would get another BSOD and my computer would restart. IT goes back to my USB and the whole process of installing starts over. Sometimes the installation would finish and then my PC would restart and puts me right back into the installation setup page. At this point I don't even want to touch my PC because i feel that I'm going to break it again

My Parts as followed:
AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI - B350 KRAIT GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card
Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Deepcool - TESSERACT WH ATX Mid Tower Case

Solution
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/IZiX.html

File: 060318-7500-01.dmp (Jun 3 2018 - 21:25:52)
BugCheck: [PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4E)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File: 060318-5812-01.dmp (Jun 3 2018 - 18:44:03)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-KRAIT-GAMING
You have the first BIOS released for the system. There have been several improvements in the BIOS since it was first released. The latest version is...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Restarting during installation due toi a BSOD is a sign the problem is hardware, not software. All those BSOD also point at it being possibly caused by ram.

Download Memtest86 on another PC and use it to make a bootable USB. Boot from it and check each stick individually, up to 8 passes. The only error count you want is 0, any higher means stick needs to be removed/replaced

the other restarting installer problem is caused by the USB being 1st item in boot order. A solution is when the installer is at the stage where it needs to restart, remove the USB drive and it should continue from the HDD as its installed on here by then. Another way to avoid it is if BIOS has a n option to use the USB as a 1 off boot device, then it won't try to boot from it on restart.

Feb 15, 2018

So, I did this and my RAM came back fine. Fortunately, I installed Windows one last time and it worked. But when i tried to download all my applications it BSODed (PFN LIST Corrupt) again. I know a lot of of people told me to put it into safe mode and update my drivers, so I did exactly that. I didn't receive any BSOD during safe mode so when i finished updating I went back to the regular Windows. After that I downloaded the MSI Live Update 6 to make sure one last time that all my drivers were updated (it was stuck on AMD chipset driver Install for a long time and i had to go so i closed it before it finished). Since last night i still haven't got BSOD, but i fear that if i try to re-download my applications and games that it is going to BSOD me. Is there any way to prevent this in any way or should i try to re-download my games and just hope that everything is fine?

P.S you were right the USB took priority over my Hard drive so moved it

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you go to c:\windows folder
set the view to show hidden files and folders
copy the MEMORY.dmp file from here to documents (since its a brand new install, it shouldn't be very big)
Upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site and share a link here, I will ask someone to look through it for us.

Always possible the driver that caused error has since been replaced. We shall see.

Try installing games, can't live in fear, it might not happen again :)

Feb 15, 2018

So here is the Minidump that you ask me to make. Hopefully this works. I am going to be trying to install my apps now. I will let you know if anything occurs.

http://jmp.sh/6VDxfsp

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/IZiX.html

File: 060318-7500-01.dmp (Jun 3 2018 - 21:25:52)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File: 060318-5812-01.dmp (Jun 3 2018 - 18:44:03)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-KRAIT-GAMING
You have the first BIOS released for the system. There have been several improvements in the BIOS since it was first released. The latest version is 7B08v1B dated 2018-05-04. Note: Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Solution