Headphone Microphone not working

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
my headphone + mic work fine on my smartphone, but mic refused to work on my PC,
tried some methods i've seen in youtube,figured out that 'Microphone (Realtek HD audio) was not installed in 'device manager' so i had to go Realtek HD audio Manager and check the 'Disable front panet jack detection'. it is the only way to show the Mic in the device manager,other than that it disapears.
then i updated all audio drivers , but still not working

screen: https://imgur.com/a/HChvHBB

Solution
If headphones with mic were designed for a phone (ie there's an in-line microphone button on the wire) then the microphone won't work on a PC because of that microphone button. The headphone jack on a phone has a switching circuit for the microphone button, a PC microphone jack doesn't.

If that's the type of headphones you're referring to, then for your PC you're going to need a proper headset that's designed to be used on a PC.
You sure you have it connected to the correct input on the back? The mic input should be pink and it will be denoted as such above the connection on the mobo. From the looks of your second pic, it may not be connected properly and that's why I ask.

If headphones with mic were designed for a phone (ie there's an in-line microphone button on the wire) then the microphone won't work on a PC because of that microphone button. The headphone jack on a phone has a switching circuit for the microphone button, a PC microphone jack doesn't.

If that's the type of headphones you're referring to, then for your PC you're going to need a proper headset that's designed to be used on a PC.

Solution

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017

its a headphone with 1 jack. my Mobo got 6 inputs while 2 for mic+headset, iwas reading my Mobo is only compatible with 2 jack inputs so i have to buy a spliter.

I wish you'd mentioned that in your first post - - I would've known straight away what you needed to buy instead of me spieling out all that other (now obviously irrelevant) stuff :pfff:

Still, I guess I should've asked :/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Position-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1470568887&sr=8-12&keywords=headset+adapter