New build 0Xc0000221 install error

Jun 3, 2018
Hi.

I have been trying for a month to figure out why I can’t install Win10 on my new build.

Asus Crosshair 7 (x470)
Ryzen 2700X
Trident Z 3200 8gb X’s 4
GTX 1070Ti
WD512 m.2 NVME
(also attempted Samsung 940 SATA SSD)

Boots to BIOS fine, tried install on factory and on newest BIOS.
I set the boot order to the USB slot, and all drives have shown up in BIOS.
I’ve tried every fix I could find, including ram testing each stick and slot.

After booting to BIOS and restarting, it goes to the option screen for which version of Windows (64/32) and reads the files. After reading the files, I get the “0Xc0000221” error (checksum error not matching checksum header).

I’m at my wits end, here... any help?

Solution
Have you tried using a new USB or perhaps making a new ISO and trying again?

Could also try running chkdsk on the USB drive and see if it fixes the system files

Another option is its ram. Try running memtest86 on one stick of ram at a time, up to 8 passes. Any errors higher than 0 are too many and could show reason for errors. Remove/replace sticks that show errors.

STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH Parameters
Cause
This bug check results from a serious error in a driver or other system file. The file header checksum does not match the expected checksum.

This can also be caused by faulty hardware in the I/O path to the file (a disk error, faulty RAM, or a corrupted page file).

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried using a new USB or perhaps making a new ISO and trying again?

Could also try running chkdsk on the USB drive and see if it fixes the system files

Another option is its ram. Try running memtest86 on one stick of ram at a time, up to 8 passes. Any errors higher than 0 are too many and could show reason for errors. Remove/replace sticks that show errors.

STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH Parameters
Cause
This bug check results from a serious error in a driver or other system file. The file header checksum does not match the expected checksum.

This can also be caused by faulty hardware in the I/O path to the file (a disk error, faulty RAM, or a corrupted page file).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xc0000221--status-image-checksum-mismatch

Solution