Applications does not display properly with graphics driver on Win10, ThinkPad 440

Daniel Barta

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
A few weeks ago, some applications like Spotify, NordVPN stopped displaying properly. I see only the background of the window only.

In the case of Spotify, I figured out that if I run in compatibility mode it can display properly, and I could disable the hardware acceleration. It works fine since then. But I was not that lucky with other applications. Usually, I see only the frame of the window, the header, and a white background.

A few days earlier I got enough and removed the graphics (Intel HD Graphics 4400) driver. Suddenly every application worked fine. On the other hand, I cannot adjust the brightness anymore. I tried an older driver now, but it doesn't work well with it either.

Do you have any suggestions?

Solution
I don't think Lenovo ever released Win10 drivers for T440, so you have two options:
- try whether older driver will work on Win10
- revert to factory image, Win7 or Win8

I had similar experience with much older laptop. Windows 10 kind of worked with Vista driver.
I don't think Lenovo ever released Win10 drivers for T440, so you have two options:
- try whether older driver will work on Win10
- revert to factory image, Win7 or Win8

I had similar experience with much older laptop. Windows 10 kind of worked with Vista driver.

Solution