Need help with audio, possible problem with codec.

G

I have an external microphone, Blue Snowball which I have been using for 4+ years. It has worked fine. Recently I wanted to watch a movie but the file type was not playing the audio so I downloaded and installed the 'KLite Codec' and it worked fine. After the movie, because I didn't want to keep the software, I uninstalled it. Now non of my programs are taking audio in from my microphone. It is going into windows because if I go to the 'sound settings' I can see it going up and down. If I enable 'Listen to this device' I can hear from it. But no other program takes it in.
It does not work with:
-Discord
-Audacity
-Adobe Audition
-Dota 2 in game chat
-Rainbow 6 Siege in game chat
and other programs.

What I have tried is:
-Reinstall 'Realtek'
-Restart my computer
-Remove my device from device manager
-Update drivers

Is there a solution you might know for this? If so please help. I would love any help I can get. Also I am not very smart with this stuff so it might not even be the codec, this is just a speculation. Thank you very much.

G

I figured out this was because of a new windows update that happened which I didnt know of. It disabled my microphone in the privacy settings. To fix it I went to settings>privacy>microphone>allow apps to use microphone. I am going to leave this post here if someone has an issue with this.