My monitor has an issue similar to ghosting. Is it the monitor or the cable?

verruckter_mann

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
I recently bought this monitor. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642
The monitor is great, but to do 144 hz I had to use their shipped DVI cable. In game, anything that moves to the monitor (map, players, ect) has ghosting, but it is not quite ghosting. It has an after-image, but the image is almost entirely white. Is this issue common with LCD LED backlit 144 hz monitors, or is it an issue with the monitor or the shipped cable?
Oh, and I have played these same games with a 60 hz lcd Dell monitor, and I have never seen this before.

Edit: If I choose to keep this screen, does this inverse ghosting harm the monitor in any way? Do you think it will affect the projected life of this display? Is there any solution beyond returning it for display defect?

Solution
It's most likely the screen itself. Looking up information on that monitor, I see some reports of people complaining about inverse ghosting, which would be a result of the monitor performing more pixel overdrive than it ideally should, in an effort to improve pixel response times. Other people seem to not notice a problem with that, so maybe there's some manufacturing variance between units, or maybe some people are just more sensitive to it than others.
It's most likely the screen itself. Looking up information on that monitor, I see some reports of people complaining about inverse ghosting, which would be a result of the monitor performing more pixel overdrive than it ideally should, in an effort to improve pixel response times. Other people seem to not notice a problem with that, so maybe there's some manufacturing variance between units, or maybe some people are just more sensitive to it than others.

Solution