i want to fake my refresh rate

Jun 10, 2018
i have looked up about this but there is nothing , the thing is i am playing a game that locks the fps to my refresh rate even if i set the config to 144hz and set it only to be read it wont work. apparently i need to "fake" my refresh rate in order to get more fps

Jun 10, 2018
i wish it was this simple. apparently the game checks for what is my refresh rate and locks the fps to it without there being an option. i tried to disable vsync from nvidia control panel but no luck .. the only solution is to change the apparent refresh rate which in my case has to be faked

Jun 10, 2018
bumb i really need to have this fixed. all i want is to make the game see my monitor as more then 60hz. (i tried overclocking to 62hz and the game did up the fps to 62fps) reason i need this? because of fps drops

I don’t know the answer but increasing your average FPS by increasing Hz (max FPS) is not going to increase your minimum FPS which are your FPS drops.

Let’s say you get drops to 40fps due to gpu/cpu limitations, increasing the max FPS is not going to change this and arguably will give a worse experience as the variation in FPS becomes greater.

g-unit1111

Titan
This can't be done. You can try using this method, but it's pretty much the equivalent to putting out a fire with gasoline.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1674-overclock-monitor-higher-refresh-rate

Otherwise overclocking your display or "faking your refresh rate" is the equivalent of doing this:

homer_cereal_fail.gif