Weird issue with dark images

Tsvetan_1

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017
Hi guys. I have recently bought a new gaming monitor (Dell S2417DG) and it's great! What I can't understand is why when I try displaying some dark images, games, videos etc. it shows some lines that look weird compared to my previous LG M2382 IPS monitor? Can I tinker with the settings to fix this?
LG IPS
Dell TN

Solution
TN is never going to look as good as an IPS screen; however - have you checked you are still running in 32bit??

It might also be that the IPS screen has a greater colour range - not all screens can show the same number of shades.

Too late now, but if you want high FPS and great colour, you need to get a VA screen. They have most of the speed of a TN (144HZ at least), and most of the colour range and quality of an IPS.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
TN is never going to look as good as an IPS screen; however - have you checked you are still running in 32bit??

It might also be that the IPS screen has a greater colour range - not all screens can show the same number of shades.

Too late now, but if you want high FPS and great colour, you need to get a VA screen. They have most of the speed of a TN (144HZ at least), and most of the colour range and quality of an IPS.

Solution