My cpu percentage is in the 90's with Obs when i try to stream?

Jun 10, 2018
My specs are:

Processor: Intel core I5 8600

Ram: 16GB DDR4

GPU: Gtx 960

Motherboard: Tuf Gaming Z370-Plus

and yes i know that Ryzens are better for streaming but are these specs good enough for streaming?

I have it set as 5000 Bitrate because my upload speed is 10mbs

So if these specs aren't good enough for streaming, what do I need to do to fix it.

6c/6t is not going to excel, but, should be adequate...;6 threads is not the same as 12...

Stop thinking you were going to see 25% thread usage in gaming while streaming just because of 2 more cores.. :)

Instead of being concerned primarily over high utilization numbers, see if you can play and stream without dropping frames and/or stuttering...

Jun 10, 2018
First of all I never said I was expecting 25% of my cpu to be in usage by obs but I was asking if these specs should be able to stream, and no i cannot stream and game at the same time I go down to like 19FPS when I try to play a game while streaming...

Ziga Stupar

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

Well your CPU is too weak for straming and gaming if you are getting so low FPS 8700k would be better at this, but Ryzen would dominate here

First, I'd test CPU when just running your game. What CPU usage do you get? Assuming it's less than 100%, for instance if it's 75%, then the amount that's left over is how much you can 'spend' on your streaming software like OBS. So if gaming uses 75% then you need to adjust your OBS settings so it uses less than 25%.

Second, be reasonable on streaming quality settings. Yes it would be great to have top quality gaming settings AND top quality streaming video settings, but is it necessary? Probably not. I bet with some experimentation you could find OBS settings that give you good enough video while not eating up CPU resources.