Multiple BSoD after W10 reset

Jun 10, 2018
My PC was getting really slow with regular intervals and it started to become a major issue, so i did a reset with all files deleted with the built in program with w10. Now i havent noticed any slow downs, but started to get some serious BSoD's.
1st. "Reference by pointer"
2nd. "Dirty nowrite pages congestion"
3rd. "Clock watchdog timout"
4th. "Whea uncorrectable error"

HW:
CPU: i7-7820X
MB: X299 MSI Tomhawk
RAM: G.skill. Ripjaws V 16gb
GPU: Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 290 4GB "OC"
HDD/SSD: Crucial MX300 750GB 2.5" SSD + multiple old hdd's spanned in raid5 if i remember correct; most programs is installed here.

Any additional information needed, ill provde!
Hope anyone have any idea what might be wrong, thanks in advance :)

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Dirty nowrite pages congestion - never seen this one before...

The DIRTY_NOWRITE_PAGES_CONGESTION bug check has a value of 0x000000FD. This indicates that there are no free pages available to continue basic system operations.

The file system driver stack has deadlocked and most of the modified pages are destined for the file system. Because the file system is non-operational, the system has crashed because none of the modified pages can be reused without losing data. Any file system or filter driver in the stack may be at fault.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xeb--dirty-mapped-pages-congestion

Have you changed page file size?

Reference by pointer can be drivers, as can Clock Watchdog Timeouts and WHEA errors. WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture, its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by one.

Can you remove any overclocks, remove any overclocking software,

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply!
I dont know what that is(page file size), so doubt I have?
No overclock is active.

I did a clean new install after posting, from cd/iso.
Got the WHEA again.

Changed the setting from "automatic memory dump" to "small memory dump (256KB)
There was one file inside /minidump even though i didnt have that setting when the bsod happend. Date modified corresponds with the time of BSOD. If the file is any help, here it is.

I did reset the BIOS/CMOS now. Removed the battery for a couple of min and started up again. dont have a usb at hand, so cant update bios atm.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/r3cq.html

File: 061118-11218-01.dmp (Jun 11 2018 - 16:38:09)
BugCheck: [WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

There were many errors in this dump or the debugger couldn't read it. Possibly partially corrupt file. At least it has the driver list.

Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X299-TOMAHAWK-ARCTIC.html

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution