Which monitor should I buy?

Viper13

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
So I have been looking into getting a 144Hz monitor recently and I have finally limited it down to 2 monitors that fit my budget. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824499002&cm_re=144hz_monitor-_-24-499-002-_-Product or https://acerrecertified.com/acer-23-6-widescreen-monitor-16-9-4ms-144hz-full-hd-1920-x-1080/

I realize that they are both refurbished and that's what makes them fit my budget. I know that the Acer monitor is factory recertified, but the insignia is unknown. I looked at the specs and the insignia is a little better with its 1ms response time where as the Acer has 4ms. The Acer is also curved, which I kind of want to try, but am also skeptical because I mainly play BR games and shooters like H1Z1 and CSGO. I don't know to much about displays so if anybody could help out and tell me which one would be better, it would be much appreciated. <3

Solution
The monitors have different panels. The Insignia is a TN panel and the Acer is a VA. Typically, TN panels have a better response time, but viewing angles and color quality are not as good. I cant see the difference between 4ms and 1ms, some people can, but I cant. It is more important for quick twitch shooters, so for CSGO, you may want the shorter response time.

The Acer also has Freesync, so if you have an AMD GPU, I would go with the Acer for sure. I have 2 Acer monitors and got both of them as refurbs and have not had any trouble. So I have a bias towards Acer in that regard.
The monitors have different panels. The Insignia is a TN panel and the Acer is a VA. Typically, TN panels have a better response time, but viewing angles and color quality are not as good. I cant see the difference between 4ms and 1ms, some people can, but I cant. It is more important for quick twitch shooters, so for CSGO, you may want the shorter response time.

The Acer also has Freesync, so if you have an AMD GPU, I would go with the Acer for sure. I have 2 Acer monitors and got both of them as refurbs and have not had any trouble. So I have a bias towards Acer in that regard.

Solution

Viper13

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017

Thanks for the response! I have decided to get the Acer monitor as I have had some trouble with insignia products in the past, and I would like to try out a curved monitor.

Honestly, the curve on a 24" panel is just a gimmick. The curve is there for the peripheral vision. It is designed so you don't have to turn your head to see the edge of a screen. 24" panels are just not large enough to need to turn your head, so it wont have much of an effect. I have a Predator x34 and it is ultra wide that has a curve. It makes sense to have the curve because it is so wide.

With that being said, I am sure it is still a good monitor, I just would not bank on the curve giving you this great experience.