Monitor 'no signal' when plugged into GPU but gets signal from mobo

Jun 11, 2018
Hi! I don't know if this is in the right thread or not but i recently built my own PC and i plugged my HDMI cable into my mobo but then realised it uses my intel integrated graphics card but i want it to use my radeon rx 580. When I plug the HDMI cable into my motherboard it gets a signal but when I plug it into the GPU it says 'no signal' do i need to tinker with the BIOS? Please help ;)

GPU: Saphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
SSD: Samsung 500GB
HDD: Apple HDD 500GB
Motherboard: Republic of Gamers MAXIMUS VIII HERO
PSU: EVGA 750

Jun 11, 2018

Hi! Does disabling the integrated graphics make my monitor turn on from the HDMI cable plugged into the GPU?

Jun 11, 2018

I'm sorry but I can't find it, I have googled the problem and bump. Do you know step by step how to disable it in the Republic of Gamers BIOS settings. I should say that I tinkered with the settings slightly to see what I could find slightly but I don't think that did anything - I also tried connecting each of the 3 cables into my monitor from the GPU and still nothing, maybe I didn't install the GPU right? I mean, it lights up when I turn it on but isn't identified in the display adapters tab in the device manager ;(

Jun 11, 2018

When I download the software it just says unsupported AMD graphics hardware. I hope I downloaded the wrong software o.o

thomas.dawson6605, if that 8 pin cable is from the psu to the videocard then it is not a vga cable. a vga cable connector has 3 rows of pins & connects a vga port on a monitor to either a videocard's vga port or the motherboard's onboard video vga port.

jay32267, videocard will still work without proper driver installed as windows uses a generic video driver til proper driver is install.