My laptop screen is broken and I have it connected to a monitor but I'm trying factory reset it but the monitor won't turn on

Jun 11, 2018
I have a broken laptop screen and I connected it to a monitor. I'm trying to factory reset it but the monitor won't connect to the laptop. I've tried everything that I've seen on this website but none of it worked. I have no clue what to do. Also because I'm trying to reset it is because I was deleting somethings I didn't want anymore and I accidentally deleted something but I don't know what it was and now my Wi-Fi won't turn on the laptop. I would appreciate the help if there is any. Also my laptop is an HP laptop

Solution
Please:

Make and model laptop?

Make and model monitor?

First, focus on getting the laptop working. Then deal with the monitor "connection" thereafter.

Second, what things were you trying to delete?

Details matter. Thanks.
Jun 11, 2018
The make of the computer is a 15-ba009dx and the make of the monitor is AOC monitor. And I was trying to delete a computer scanner that I didn't download and I accidentally deleted something else

Ralston18

Titan
First: is the laptop working or is the screen so broken that there is no image at all?

From the laptop specifications -

Interfaces: HDMI Headphone/microphone combo jack 2 x USB 2.0 USB 3.0 LAN

[Source: https://www.google.com/shopping/product/12705767457472873963/specs?q=HP+15-ba009dx&oq=HP+15-ba009dx&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji4pfKk87bAhUJzVMKHbXlBBUQuC8I3AE]

Are you connected the laptop and monitor with a known working HDMI cable? Probably should be ARC as well.

With laptop off, connect the monitor. Turn the monitor on and then the laptop.

Hopefully, the laptop will "see" the monitor and display accordingly.

Also use "WIN" + "P" to access the display/Project options. You may need to select "Duplicate", "Extended", or "Second screen only" instead of "PC screen only".